Elizabeth LePley, Attorney
The newest attorney to join NLE Law, Elizabeth LePley brings with her an extensive law background with experience in numerous areas including workers' compensation, personal injury and ERISA, as well as additional experience from the corporate world. Prior to obtaining her law degree, Elizabeth worked for nearly a decade at the nation's largest home improvement retailer, rising from entry level to management positions at a divisional corporate office of the company.
During the past seven years of practicing law, Elizabeth has successfully handled hundreds of cases. A strong ally of injured workers, she works closely with her clients to adjust the balance of power in the legal system and make sure their voices are heard.
In addition to her ongoing legal work, Elizabeth is actively involved with the Washington State Association of Justice and has been on the Board of Governors since 2009. She has sat on the Legislative Steering Committee since 2008. She is the current Chair of the Workers' Compensation Committee and works with the Department of Labor and Industries. During legislative sessions she can be found in Olympia lobbying for injured workers. She has also served as Co-Chair the Women of WSAJ section, also known as WOW.
Named a 'Rising Star' by Super Lawyers
Elizabeth has also been named a 2014 and 2015 Super Lawyers Rising Star, and she's rated a 10.0 on Avvo, an attorney rating service.
Areas of practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury, including: motor vehicle, premises liability, and third party claims
- Disability Claims including: long term and short term disability
- Bachelor of Arts (Business Administration), Western Washington University
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Seattle University School of Law
Memberships and affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Washington Association for Justice
- Board of Governors, 2012
- Eagle Member
- Legislative Steering Committee, member
- Woman of WSAJ, member
- East King County Co-Chair, present
- King County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
Publications, presentations and notable cases:
- PI Basics and More, Just the Basics: Weeding Through Insurance Coverage, February 25, 2009
- Workers' Compensation: Navigating a New Era, Up to Date Strategies for Claimants at the Department, Board and in Superior Court, Chairperson, May 30, 2014
- Devils in the Details: Winning in Superior Court, May 30, 2014
- Out of the Box Workers' Comp, Chairperson, June 11, 2015
- Terrie L. Williams vs. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, 2014 WL 1775969, May 5, 2014, Court overruled the findings of Metlife and the Plan Administrator, the PBAC. The Court further found that the decisions by MetLife and the PBAC could not be found to be the product of a deliberate, principled reasoning process.