Aaron Engle, Partner
Aaron Engle is a fourth generation native Washingtonian, and his practice follows NLE Law's long tradition of fighting for those who have wrongfully been denied insurance benefits to which they are entitled. Often these cases involve the denial of insurance benefits that his clients have worked long and hard for or dutifully paid the premiums, with the expectation that the insurance company would live up to its end of the bargain. Aaron also stands up for those who have been harmed by the negligence of others. He is a graduate of the University of Washington and a cum laude graduate of Seattle University School of Law, where he was honored for excellence in legal writing.
Aaron is a member of the Washington State Bar Association, an Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice, a member of Public Justice and a member of the American Association for Justice. Aaron also served on the Board of Directors of the Brain Injury Alliance of Washington.
An avid outdoor enthusiast and sports fan, Aaron particularly enjoys climbing, biking and skiing throughout the Pacific Northwest with his family and friends.
- Bauer v. Pan-American Life Insurance Company, 2007 WL 3026891 (W.D. Washington, October 15, 2007) (The Court found a wrongful denial of private policy long term disability benefits and awarded monthly benefits to our client);
- Burkett v. Union Security Insurance Company, 2007 WL 1687770 (W.D. Washington, June 07, 2007) (We successfully voided an improper amendment to a long term disability plan);
- Scanlon v. Life Insurance Company of North America, 670 F.Supp.2d 1181 (W.D. Washington, 2009) (The Court found that LINA made a wrongful denial of life insurance benefits and found that the company handled the claim in bad faith);
- Smith v. Weekly Disability Income Ins. for Employees of Friends of KEXP, 2010 WL 890068 (W.D. Washington, March 09, 2010) (The Court found that further appeals by our client would be futile and allowed her to file a lawsuit);
- VanCleave v. The Boeing Company Non-Union Long Term Disability Plan, Case 2:09-cv-01512-RSL Dkt. 25 (W.D. Washington, June 14, 2010) (The Court allowed us to collect discovery into Aetna's claims handling practices);
- Murray v. Anderson Bjornstad Kane Jacobs, Inc., 2011 WL 617384 (W.D. Washington, 2011) (In a case of first impression, the Court upheld the Washington Insurance Commissioner's regulation banning discretionary clauses and our client was given the benefit of de novo review for his disability claim;
- Arnsperger v. Boeing Company Employee Benefit Plan, 2013 WL 550561 (D. Oregon, 2013) (After trial, the Court found that Aetna had improperly denied our client's long term disability claim and awarded her benefits, attorney's fees, and costs).
Aaron Engle is a member of the following professional associations:
- Washington State Associations for Justice
- King County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Brain Injury Alliance of WA